Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reflecting

Now as I think of you, I often think of you with a smile, knowing you are in a better place and I am at peace with that. Some days I miss that I didn’t get to meet you.

I know that one day I will. To hold your hand, to kiss your cheek, to tuck your hair behind your ear, to look into your eyes, to feel your soft skin and to tell you…..
I love you

I think back to the time when you were taken away, – when I felt lonely and confused. That I didn’t get to hold your little hands or tickle your little toes.

But now, because of you, I can make a difference. Although your stay was only short, I know you brought with you a purpose. And because of you…. others will gain comfort, as I needed, when I had to say goodbye to you, but there was nothing for me to treasure your memory.

You were too small for a funeral and too small for people to acknowledge.

The pain, it eases with time, but you never forget your little ones, you treasure them in your heart and you remember them often.

My grief and pain are no more, but I still sometimes shed a tear for my little ones,
as I will miss seeing them grow.
I will always cherish them.
I will always remember them

I hope others can find comfort here,
Because of You.

Written by Robyn Spring

No comments: