Sunday, June 15, 2008

For only a short time

I knit you in your mothers womb,
you needed to be there,
it was only a short time
but you needed to be prepared.

I created you, intracately,
in the secret place,
your tiny frame not hidden from me
or your delicate face

I needed you to feel the warmth
the rhythm of her beat
the softness of her voice,
although you would not meet

I had a plan, you will one day see,
why I brought you home to me.

It’s only in your deepest pain
that you call unto me,
even if only to ask
“how could this be?”

My answer to you, is cant you see
I just want you to look to me

I didn’t mean to bring you harm
but bring you back to me,
to feel the fathers loving arm
and home where you should be

Although its hard to understand,
that leaving you with empty arms
could be part of a plan,
to reinforce my love
a love I’ve always had.

Written by Robyn Spring

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful......just beautiful
What can I say..this is from the Holy Spirit..just beautiful and so comforting to know that father God loves us with an everlasting love that no one or thing could seperate us from.. We all need to fix our eyes on His son Jesus, who died for us and rose again so that we could live an abundant life.
To know that the plans that He has for us are good and not evil, a future of hope, love peace and joy..Thank you Jesus for using beautiful Robyn as a willing vessel to give encouragement and comfort to women in pain and feeling lost.